Up For Adoption | Become a Watcher | Contact
Welcome | FAQ | How to Adopt | Inventories | The Shop | Trading Post | Springs Calendar | Contests | | Customs | Affiliates | Member Services
Species | Creature Count | Breeding Info | Abilities Bank | Explorations | Expeditions
Update Posts One | Two | Three | Four
Hey guys, just touching base with you guys as to the plan for the Springs this coming season. Some things are set, others I'm looking for opinions on.
- Fat Rabbit will be going on vacation again until Christmas. This should give me time and headspace to work on other things.
- Sept/Nov breeding seasons will go ahead as regularly planned. C:
- I hope to do a wisp release some time before Christmas. I would love to hear your opinions on the various ways that wisps can/could be distributed, as this has been an issue in the past. I do want everyone to be able to try for them, but I also want to keep spreading them out across the userbase. Any input/ideas are valued.
- I'm not sure what I'm going to do for Halloween this year. Would you guys like to see Shadows and Fire v2? Or something different?
- In the past years I have been rather lax in my Christmas events and I would like to have at least something happen around that time that I can distribute more Christmas-marked rodent mikris and maybe a Yuol or two (wanted to do it last year but ran out of time?)
- Customs have been closed and will remain closed for some time. Thank you to everyone who ordered during the summer!
- I will be opening Explorations again in the Fall - I was thinking of doing two concurrent openings, the first being on the summer map and the second being on the winter map. I would like to do the entries via raffle again, as that seems to be a fair way of opening the Exploration areas. For this instance, you would be able to enter the raffle for summer OR winter, but not for both. The opening will wait until AliceTheHunted
and I have finished working on the Aceli.
- Perhaps for October I would like to do a crossagency breeding with Katjalore-Creatures
(only a year late dear lord) as I think I have a workable pose for the new hybrid.
- In the lines of a new hybrid, I am also going to begin working on a design for a wyvern x cyrii hybrid - which season it will be breedable in remains to be seen.
And today is the last day for pet trading, so make sure that you get those initial forms in on the deviation. Approvals can happen after the deadline, but everything must be approved by Sept 4.
So I meant to do this earlier this week, but I kinda didn't. Aha.
These awards don't come with any prize, only bragging rights.
And point trade it will end Sunday at 23:59. If you have points, you must use them by that date.
If you redeemed for a Tier 7, please remember to send a note to the Springs with your CO!
[insert veggie here] Hoarder ------ most of that veggie collected
Seedlings (10) dratimeg
Carrots (4) AliceTheHunted
Lettuce (2) 1YellowFish
, and smithieaan
Beans (4) jaiharock
Tomatoes (6) DancingWithDreams
Potatoes (2) DancingWithDreams
Zucchini (3) AliceTheHunted
Corn (4) shadowthecat971
Pumpkin (2) WishmasterAlchemist
Watermelon (3) AliceTheHunted
Iron Raider ------ Best Points/Exp ratio (at least 10 raids) 2.42 - shadowthecat971
Bad Luck ------ Worst Points/Exp ratio (at least 10 raids) 4.6 - Saldemonium
Clumsiest ------ most traps triggered total (7) piceouswings
Snap! Swshhh ------ Most Snares Triggered (3) DancingWithDreams
ScaredyCat ------ Most Scarecrows Triggered (5) 1YellowFish
In the Dark ------ Most Box Traps Triggered (2) Ravens-Folklore
World Menace ------ Most Lasers Tripped (2) piceouswings
Accident Free ------ no traps triggered while having over 60exp lizziecat1279
Dedicated ------ participated every day. DancingWithDreams
Earth-Friendly ------ most debris collected DancingWithDreams
Because I'm away until the evening of the 4th (yay long weekends!), the Garden Raiders event will be extended to August 6th! I had hoped to have the prize pool figured out by now, but I haven't finished with the event-exclusive markings for two species. And I didn't take my iPad with me, s I can't work on them until I get home. :c
I am also going to have "awards" for the results (which I have been tracking. C: ) - you can't do anything to get these awards except keep raiding and hope luck is on your side.
Just a short announcement.
The summer event will start on Tuesday! The deviation it's on is scheduled to post, so I might not be around immediately to answer questions or to reply to event stuff, but I will be around in the evening.
In preparation for this event, pick your favourite mikri from your pets! If you don't have a mikri, I hope to upload a few tomorrow for those who have none. C:
Also, I'm slowly catching up on notes - I have to go through Inactivity notes and any new CO notes that I've gotten. So if I've read it, but haven't replied, don't fret! I will get to them. C:
July! Half the year is gone already! And some matters of business to attend to.Contest Update
First off, these lovelies:
They've been in the Shelter for about a year now, waiting on the requirements to be met for their contests. The requirements have not been met. The contests will close on July 14 regardless of how many entries there are.Hybrid Naming contest
The submitting winners are:lizziecat1279
(Favki, Gravki and Birkeda - Gravki can be old or new lines, Birkeda will be on new lines)evilitachi
(Xytogrif and Liska)AliceTheHunted
(Lhedonas - I am in the process of playing with these lines, you can request old or wait for new.)
Please send me your custom requests now. C:Offspring
The May season offspring are out and I hope to start working on the July season. The forms will remain open until Saturday, if you wanted to use a tulip to get another breeding in. August Trading Season
This year I'm going to try something different, so that forms don't get lost and such. Trade searches will be done in a forum (much like RRAdoptables) and finalizations will be done on the deviation. Summer Event
I'm working on the final prep for the summer event, which I hope to start maybe next week. This event will require that you have a mikri of your own - if you don't have one, comment below so that I can get a somewhat accurate number on how many I should release before the event starts. Landscape Fanart
Landscape fanart - art of the areas in the Springs that you would go to when exploring - will now net you exploration coins! A sketch/lineart piece will get you 1LC and a coloured piece will get you 1MC.