Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
About Deviant Core Member SpringsofIyoreCanada Recent Activity
Deviant for 5 Years
5 Month Core Membership:
Given by Cao
Statistics 4,794 Deviations 22,834 Comments 154,488 Pageviews

Short Cuts






Current Springs Weather: Winter//Cool
Kituen Weather: Dry Season/Warm
Current Kali Month: Snow (November 20 to December 29)

CURRENT TIME

Breeder Search - January 2016 by SpringsofIyore Breeder Forms - January 2016 - read note by SpringsofIyore
Fat Rabbit Fridays - On Vacation. by SpringsofIyore First Pet Adoption by SpringsofIyore
Exploration Map - Summer by SpringsofIyore Personality Wheel by SpringsofIyore

November

To Do List




To Do Total: ??

Orders:
- jaiharock - Unique
- jaiharock - Standard

Prizes

FPA

Offspring
- November Season (28)

Exploration/Expeditions Pets

Petitions

Other
- Final LE species
- Clean up PGryphon markings

Standardization Progress
Needs additional markings: Oona (3), Wyverns (2)

oh my gosh, a Monet moneti...

Affliates

Official Partner
:iconiyoreimporter:

:iconexordiaadopts: :iconeldritchadoptables: :iconavianadoptablesagcy: :iconbroucke: :iconamadoptables: :iconguardianadoptables: :iconkyano-adoptables: :iconraindrop-cafe: :iconmystic-wonders: :iconkatjalore-creatures: :iconlandsofeveris: :iconexperimental-adopts: :iconlabyrinthadoptables: :icongoldenadoptables: :iconplanetmeeyu: :iconreedsadoptions:

:iconshouldergryphonsadpt: :iconrradoptables: :iconcarfacecritters: :iconior-adoptables: :iconsecretwisheskingdom: :iconittybittycity: :iconmushudopts: :icondelightfuldelicacies: :iconhearts-vault-adopts: :iconisland-of-adoptables: :iconplace-of-dreams: :iconrealm-of-cecatl: :iconosadoptables: :iconelementiiae:

Be sure to check out these other agencies and their pets too!

Want to affiliate with the Springs? See the Affiliates Journal for info.

deviantID

SpringsofIyore
Canada
Read these first!
>>Welcome
>>How to Adopt

Further information can be found throughout our journals!

Update: *nervous laugh*

Journal Entry: Sun Feb 2, 2014, 12:18 PM
Up For Adoption | Become a Watcher | Contact

Welcome | FAQ | How to Adopt | Inventories | The Shop | Trading Post | Springs Calendar | Contests | | Customs | Affiliates | Member Services
Species | Creature Count | Breeding Info | Abilities Bank | Explorations | Expeditions
Update Posts One | Two | Three | Four


310116
Ha hah. Hahaha. Um, hi. Soooooooooo, 
School ate January. 

Anyway. I'm SUPER backed up again (yay, that's always fun) and I'm not going to lie - I'm not going to get it done soon. If I don't manage to get down to Mexico for Reading Week, I will try and do a bunch of crap then, but no promises. 

Things I need to do:
- November Offspring (wooooooow)
- Daily bonuses for Yuletide
- Yuol application decisions
- January Offspring
- various orders. I'm sure there are some that still need done.

The LE auction will obviously be pushed back as well. C:

---OLDER---

020116
So I went back through the bird breeding guidelines to streamline the process a little better for offspring production. Below is what is now in the breeding rules and will apply to this season:
The bird species can interbreed with each other; no CrossSpecies potion required because there is no hybrid form. Any offspring produced will be one species or the other. 
Each species has a distinctive egg design, so you'll be able to tell the species before it hatches. All eggs will be the same colour. 
Eggs will hatch automatically after two weeks.
[regular birds] Dawnbirds/Thunderbirds/Nightbirds/Birdfish/Jahl/Herikon/Skyfish - Any pair involving these species exclusively will produce a clutch of eggs between 1 and 3 in number. (60% chance of 1 egg, 30% chance of 2 eggs and 10% chance of 3 eggs)
[irregular birds] Firebirds/Arrans/Rainbirds/Moonbirds - Any pair involving one of these species will produce only one egg; it will be the egg of the irregular bird. 
Bonded birds will always produce a clutch of 2 eggs. Bonding may only occur in pairs that are exclusively regular. If one of the parents of a bonded pair exhibit unique markings, at least one of the two eggs is guaranteed to have unique markings. A bonded pair becomes inseparable; they will refuse to breed with anyone else, even if ownership of one or both of the birds changes. Bonding is irreversible.
Notable changes are that the chances for higher number egg clutches have been reduced. (60/30/10) It will now be much rarer to have a 3 egg clutch. 

Also changing is the number of eggs produced by a bonded pair - this has been reduced from 3 to 2. I have added the rule about unique markings to make up for this reduction. 
However, if you had your birds bonded because of the guarantee of 3 eggs, you have the limited chance to unbond your birds. This will be available until Friday Jan 8, 23:59 Mountain Time. If you wish to unbond your birds, please a comment here with links to both of them. Birds that are unbonded in this time cannot be rebonded to another bird until Jan 17. 

In addition, the discovery of how to breed a Moonbird was made last year and I am now making it public to avoid confusion and set some rules about it: to breed a moonbird, you must breed two different irregular bird species together (firebird x arran, or firebird x rainbird, for example. A firebird x firebird pair will not produce a moonbird). On top of the Moonbird egg, there is a 50% chance that another egg will be produced, of one of the parent species. 

Reminder that for the breeding season slots, only the first egg has to be designated to a breeder (that will count as their slot allowance). Additional eggs will be decided after they are laid. 

111215
Hey guys! Just a quick heads up, I got a new computer! First time in seven years, so I'm really not sure what I'm doing yet haha. All I know is that now I will be able to use photoshop and watch Netflix at the same time! Yay! 
Also, hopefully in the foreseeable future, I will be getting myself a graphics tablet. That will be a different leap into the future, when that happens. C:

So things might be a little slow as I get everything transferred over. 


081215
Hey guys! Just touching base on a few things here and there. 

- FvS Redux Prizes have been uploaded, there are a few missing yet as I went to upload them and discovered that I missed something (a marking, the shadow layer, etc). These have been marked off for me, so I will get to them shortly. If there's something not right with your prize, please let me know. 

- Tomorrow is the last day you can sign up for the Secret Santa! And don't forget to hang a stocking by December 20th! All holiday stuff can be found in Update Four. 

- From now on, I will not be listing heterochromia in the marking section of the pet's description. Nothing else is affected. 

- I've decided to rename a bunch of our mutations to make them more unique. I will happily take suggestions, as nothing has been solidified yet. 

- Fat Rabbit will return December 18.


Upcoming:
1-25 December - Christmas events; hopefully a Secret Santa and maybe an advent calendar. The return of the Yule-marked rodents!
31 Dec-5 Jan - Springs Anniversary; Yuol event! (hopefully, still trying to solidify details). 

Available to adopt right now; note that they all have conditions!
Up for Adoption: Conditions by SpringsofIyoreUp for Adoption: Conditional Raffle by SpringsofIyoreUp for Adoption: Conditions by SpringsofIyore





All I want for [Springs] Christmas is... 

100%
16 deviants said _______________ (fill in the blank in the comments!)

Comments


Add a Comment:
 
:iconalicethehunted:
AliceTheHunted Featured By Owner 1 day ago
Hahaha forgot about my naming contest prize. XD
Reply
:iconravens-folklore:
Ravens-Folklore Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2016
Hey Cao, you still gonna do planned February trading? O:
Reply
:iconspringsofiyore:
SpringsofIyore Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2016
Eventually I will get that up, yes. 
Reply
:iconravens-folklore:
Ravens-Folklore Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2016
Okay! C: <3
Reply
:iconironheartwriter:
ironheartwriter Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2016
Good luck turning in your paper! Hope you survived :hug:
Reply
:iconshadowthecat971:
shadowthecat971 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
By the by, what is your paper on? how long does it have to be? is it a final paper?
Reply
:iconspringsofiyore:
SpringsofIyore Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2016
a) an exegesis of a psalm of my choice
b) ~2000 words
c) no, just the first paper in the class. 
Reply
:iconshadowthecat971:
shadowthecat971 Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
I know what a psalm is, but what's an exegesis?
2000 words.. that's like 6 pages?
I just wrote an observational essay on gender for my COM class
Reply
:iconspringsofiyore:
SpringsofIyore Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2016
It's basically breaking it down into things like authorship, historical background, poetic elements/imagery, perceived meaning, etc. 
2000 words is about 8 pages. 
Reply
(1 Reply)
:iconironheartwriter:
ironheartwriter Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2016
I hope you did well on it. I actually studied psalms closely in high school. The joys of being raised religious. some of them get very deep and can be interesting though. 
Reply
Add a Comment: